Model: Ara AKS-104A-52
Gender: WomensFrame Size (mm):
Frame Material: Acetate, Titanium
You saw it here first. Akoni Eyewear could never be content with simply replicating what might already be on the market. Akoni’s designers are always inspired by iconic silhouettes but we aim for much more than some sort of copy/paste. And nothing makes us happier than to be able to say we have designed something that is obviously destined to become a new classic—something that no-one has ever offered before, which has the strength and timeless style needed to serve the test of time.
Nothing makes us happier than to be able to design something that no one has ever seen before—that has all the elements necessary to stand the test of time—and is destined to become a new classic, like Ara. The bold acetate frame has been expertly sliced straight through by a sculptural side cup—creating a distinctive depth and intriguing embellishment on both sides, without any disturbance to the silhouette’s sleek flow.
- 6 mm Japanese acetate with plastic AR side shields
- Custom titanium hinge plate w/ threaded tube screw system and custom screws and washers
- Branded titanium temple tip with custom screws
- Wirecore with custom shape, pattern and plating
Lens: Dark Grey, 4-base high contrast CR-39 w/ three layer anti-reflective coating
Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer
Handcrafted in JapanAuthorized Akoni Dealer
- Plastic (CR-39) is our most basic material. We recommend this lens for patients with low prescriptions due to the thickness and weight of CR-39. This lens has no shatter or scratch resistance. Anti-reflective coating is included.
- Polycarbonate is the most common material used for patients. It is shatter & scratch resistant, and is lighter & thinner than plastic. We recommend this material for patients with a low to medium prescription. Anti-reflective coating is included.
- Trivex is the newest material available on the market. This material is the most lightweight and provide the most clarity. We recommend this material for patients with a low to medium prescription. Anti-reflective coating is included with a 2-year warranty that covers any damage.
- High Index 1.67 is great for patients with a medium to medium high prescription. This lens is about 20% thinner than polycarbonate.
- High Index 1.74 is the absolute thinnest lens available anywhere. We recommend this lens to patients with a medium high prescription to a high prescription. This lens is about 20% thinner than High Index 1.67.
In addition to having some of the world's finest selection of eyewear at your fingertips, you may also have the frame of your choice fitted with any prescription.
On-Site 1-Hour Lab– Using state of the art optical equipment, our trained staff are able to craft most prescription lenses in one hour or less.
- We work with the finest lens manufacturers to produce any lens option you’re after with some of the lowest prices across the U.S.
- Your choices include:
- Lenses in all lens materials (polycarbonate, trivex, high index)
- Mirrored Lenses
- Transitions (Photochromic) Lenses
- Polarized Lenses (NXT Polarized)
- Digital Progressive Lenses (Kodak Unique, Hoya MyStyle, Zeiss Individual 2, Shamir, Varilux)
- Anti-reflective Coatings (Crizal, Hoya EX3)
- Custom Tints
- Occupational Lenses (ANSI Certified)
- Replacement sunglass lenses