Model: Hydra AKS-202C
Gender: UnisexFrame Size (mm):
Frame Material: Titanium
Introduced nearly a century ago, the teardrop-shaped aviator represented the ideal lens shape for protecting the eyes of pioneering pilots in the early days of flight. Despite its long history, this distinctive style has retained its original youthful swagger—which is why, decade after decade, it remains a favorite of rebels, rock stars and fashion icons. Among their updates to this perennial favorite, Akoni designers added a small yet fashionable touch—a black-enamel line bordering the rims—injecting a subtly hypnotic appeal into this classic style.
- Titanium frame with custom titanium hinge
- Titanium temples with custom screws and washers and acetate temple tips
Lens: Base 4 Category 3, CR-39 100% UV Protection and triple layer anti-reflective coating
Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer
Handcrafted in JapanAuthorized Akoni Dealer
- Plastic (CR-39) is our most basic material. We recommend this lens for patients with low prescriptions due to the thickness and weight of CR-39. This lens has no shatter or scratch resistance. Anti-reflective coating is included.
- Polycarbonate is the most common material used for patients. It is shatter & scratch resistant, and is lighter & thinner than plastic. We recommend this material for patients with a low to medium prescription. Anti-reflective coating is included.
- Trivex is the newest material available on the market. This material is the most lightweight and provide the most clarity. We recommend this material for patients with a low to medium prescription. Anti-reflective coating is included with a 2-year warranty that covers any damage.
- High Index 1.67 is great for patients with a medium to medium high prescription. This lens is about 20% thinner than polycarbonate.
- High Index 1.74 is the absolute thinnest lens available anywhere. We recommend this lens to patients with a medium high prescription to a high prescription. This lens is about 20% thinner than High Index 1.67.