Model: Skymapper AKS-501B-51
Gender: UnisexFrame Size (mm):
Frame Material: Acetate, Titanium
Our Skymapper frame, obviously, riffs on the classic look of a glacier explorer. Back a few decades ago, frames with a side cuffs like this were used to protect adventurers against the danger of the winter sun’s strong reflected glare. They were a necessary and stylish final addition to the look of every intrepid mountain climber and skier. Think back to those graphic, compelling images from midcentury Swiss travel posters— skiers posed against pristine alpine slopes—this is the look you see them wearing.
To make this signature style right for today, John Juniper and Jeff Solorio have updated the classic round-frames, playing with the possibilities offered by new breakthroughs in manufacturing to offer a compelling play on multiple levels and dimensions, adding a richness and spirit that’s just right for today’s modern-day explorers.
- Hand-brushed finish titanium with plastic AR side shields
- Custom titanium temple with knurled round component, threaded tube screw system and Japanese acetate temples with branded titanium temple tip
- Matte black ceramic w/ beta-titanium nose pad arms
Lens: Blue, 4-base high contrast CR-39 w/ three layer anti-reflective coating
Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer
Handcrafted in JapanAuthorized Akoni Dealer
- Plastic (CR-39) is our most basic material. We recommend this lens for patients with low prescriptions due to the thickness and weight of CR-39. This lens has no shatter or scratch resistance. Anti-reflective coating is included.
- Polycarbonate is the most common material used for patients. It is shatter & scratch resistant, and is lighter & thinner than plastic. We recommend this material for patients with a low to medium prescription. Anti-reflective coating is included.
- Trivex is the newest material available on the market. This material is the most lightweight and provide the most clarity. We recommend this material for patients with a low to medium prescription. Anti-reflective coating is included with a 2-year warranty that covers any damage.
- High Index 1.67 is great for patients with a medium to medium high prescription. This lens is about 20% thinner than polycarbonate.
- High Index 1.74 is the absolute thinnest lens available anywhere. We recommend this lens to patients with a medium high prescription to a high prescription. This lens is about 20% thinner than High Index 1.67.