Model: Stargazer AKS-500A-59
Gender: UnisexFrame Size (mm):
Frame Material: Acetate, Titanium
“We see our Optima collection as our Akoni design lab, serving a rôle that is similar to that which a couture collection plays today for a Paris fashion house,” explains Akoni designer Jeff Solorio. Fashion houses rely on couture to help them refresh their palette, push boundaries and experiment with new techniques, fabrics and concepts—while always retaining their distinctive heritage of true craftsmanship. Akoni’s Optima is meant to allow us that same freedom to grow. Here, we start with iconic frames and try out the newest ideas, materials and breakthroughs that are exciting us, pushing ourselves and our partners to new and often edgy limits.
The new Stargazer frame makes clear the power that the Optima philosophy of freedom allows Akoni’s design team. Starting with a squared-off Navigator, Solorio and Juniper have elongated the lenses, adding side cuffs and exciting fresh new details and depth. This frame clearly holds on to the Akoni DNA, while stretching the possibilities.
- Hand-brushed finish titanium with plastic AR side shields
- Custom titanium temple with knurled round component, threaded tube screw system and Japanese acetate temples with branded titanium temple tip
- Matte black ceramic w/ beta-titanium nose pad arms
Lens: Dark Grey Gradient, 6-base high contrast CR-39 w/ three layer anti-reflective coating
Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer
Handcrafted in JapanAuthorized Akoni Dealer
- Plastic (CR-39) is our most basic material. We recommend this lens for patients with low prescriptions due to the thickness and weight of CR-39. This lens has no shatter or scratch resistance. Anti-reflective coating is included.
- Polycarbonate is the most common material used for patients. It is shatter & scratch resistant, and is lighter & thinner than plastic. We recommend this material for patients with a low to medium prescription. Anti-reflective coating is included.
- Trivex is the newest material available on the market. This material is the most lightweight and provide the most clarity. We recommend this material for patients with a low to medium prescription. Anti-reflective coating is included with a 2-year warranty that covers any damage.
- High Index 1.67 is great for patients with a medium to medium high prescription. This lens is about 20% thinner than polycarbonate.
- High Index 1.74 is the absolute thinnest lens available anywhere. We recommend this lens to patients with a medium high prescription to a high prescription. This lens is about 20% thinner than High Index 1.67.
In addition to having some of the world's finest selection of eyewear at your fingertips, you may also have the frame of your choice fitted with any prescription.
On-Site 1-Hour Lab– Using state of the art optical equipment, our trained staff are able to craft most prescription lenses in one hour or less.
- We work with the finest lens manufacturers to produce any lens option you’re after with some of the lowest prices across the U.S.
- Your choices include:
- Lenses in all lens materials (polycarbonate, trivex, high index)
- Mirrored Lenses
- Transitions (Photochromic) Lenses
- Polarized Lenses (NXT Polarized)
- Digital Progressive Lenses (Kodak Unique, Hoya MyStyle, Zeiss Individual 2, Shamir, Varilux)
- Anti-reflective Coatings (Crizal, Hoya EX3)
- Custom Tints
- Occupational Lenses (ANSI Certified)
- Replacement sunglass lenses