Model: P'8478 (E)
Gender: UnisexFrame Size (mm):
Frame Materials: Titanium
The power of a timeless idea, transformed into an exclusive design. The iconic Porsche Design P´8478 sunglasses were the first in the world to have an interchangeable lens system. The teardrop base 6 curved lenses in the sunglasses can be easily changed with a quick-lock system that you turn to unlock and then replace with another interchangeable lens for different light conditions. Extremely lightweight titanium and highly resistant, coated lenses made from scratch-proof, almost unbreakable polycarbonate ensure that the exclusive glasses by Porsche Design are at once innovative in design and highly functional. Each pair of glasses comes with an additional pair of interchangeable lenses. Other suitable interchangeable lenses with a base 6 curve are available here in the shop. Please note the different colorways and designs.
- Men's sunglasses with interchangeable lens system.
- Iconic shape and function since 1978.
- Lightweight titanium frame.
Lens: Grey, Flash Gold
Any and all prescriptions can be filled at Good See Co.
Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer
Made in Japan
Authorized Porsche Design Dealer
- Plastic (CR-39) is our most basic material. We recommend this lens for patients with low prescriptions due to the thickness and weight of CR-39. This lens has no shatter or scratch resistance. Anti-reflective coating is included.
- Polycarbonate is the most common material used for patients. It is shatter & scratch resistant, and is lighter & thinner than plastic. We recommend this material for patients with a low to medium prescription. Anti-reflective coating is included.
- Trivex is the newest material available on the market. This material is the most lightweight and provide the most clarity. We recommend this material for patients with a low to medium prescription. Anti-reflective coating is included with a 2-year warranty that covers any damage.
- High Index 1.67 is great for patients with a medium to medium high prescription. This lens is about 20% thinner than polycarbonate.
- High Index 1.74 is the absolute thinnest lens available anywhere. We recommend this lens to patients with a medium high prescription to a high prescription. This lens is about 20% thinner than High Index 1.67.